Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tutu Wreath, Well, Almost

Hope everyone has had a great weekend.  I had to work on Saturday, but after work I joined the hubs and some friends at the lake.  A friend of ours brought his boat up this weekend, which was awesome.  It's been a while since I've been out on the lake here and I remember why I love living in Hot Springs.  We are a town of nothing but lakes.  Oh, and it made me want a boat, badly.  As for Sunday, well, we slept in since we were up late last night.  Also, some wonderful news, it's raining here!!  Yay!

It's been so dry lately!  Today it was 105!  I'm so thankful for the rain, hopefully it will cool it down a little and not just make it more humid.  Sadly, this is what Lola thinks of the storm:



This morning we went to Cracker Barrel for brunch (yes, I know, eating out = bad!)  and I saw this!


Which means, we're getting closer to the most wonderful time, of the year! {Yes! I sang it to myself as I typed that, but as all hog fans know, it's like Christmas!}

So, in that spirit, I decided to make a tutu wreath to kick off the season this year.  So here's what you need and how to make it!


Supplies:
foam wreath (like $3 at walmart, hobby lobby, michaels)
6in wide tulle in at least two colors
scissors

Cut tulle to be around 18-24 inches long, depending on how fluffy you want it.


Fold it in half.

Loop around the wreath and pull tight.

It will look like this.  Continue to do this until it covers around 5-6 inches

Alternate the colors.

This will be the final product.  Pretty simple.  And only takes about 45 mins to do, cutting and everything.  I will be picking up the pieces to complete it next week, we just got a new Razorback store that I cannot wait to check out, but they were closed today so I could not get the pieces.  I will post an update as soon as I finish it.

So!  We went to Lowe's with a $50 gift card from a neighbor.  They are building a stone wall along the property line.  Well it's kind of a mess and has torn part of our yard up.  They were so sweet and are having the landscaping company resod and clean our siding, also they left us a card and a $50 AmEx giftcard!  That my friends paid for a little surprise:  Thursday's project!

Total project time should be about 3 hours.  So after my job interview on Thursday, {Wish me luck! I really want this!} I will be working on this surprise!  Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment