Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hope everyone has had a happy and safe 4th of July!  An extra special thank you to all our service men and women and their families for all their hard work and sacrifice.  It is because of them that we live in the greatest place ever and have our freedoms.  I'm so proud to be an American. 

Thankfully my husband and I both had the holiday off!  We planned a couple of weeks ago to head to Little Rock and do some shopping.  We started off at Gordman's, which is one of my favorite places in the world.  Sadly, we didn't find anything for the house reno, but I did get a steal on some jeans...only $13.  And the hubs made it out of this day with like five new shirts. 

For lunch we went to the Big Orange, which is amazing...ever tried asparagus tempura?
Holy moly...amazing...don't worry there were five of us so it wasn't nearly as bad for me as it looks.  Oh and on this food we shouldn't be eating...


Looks way worse for you than it is...Hickory turkey burger with bbq sauce on the side...amazing!  And way better for you than the farmer's burger the hubs had, it was topped with a fried egg.  Ewwwww! After Sunday, no more eating out for me!  I'm swearing off of eating out for a month (though I plan to do it longer than that) and start out with walking two miles a day.  Why two miles?  Well, it's a mile to the gas station up the street, so I figure I can walk to it and back and know my distance. 

Anywho, so after focusing on the super yummy food, we went to garden ridge and a few other places...my favorite was Savers.  It's a thrift store that's ran by Big Brothers and Big Sisters, oddly enough I found some items we donated last month!  I made out like a bandit for only $14.  Got a bunch of awesome items too!  I love finding steals like that!

Where was the brat during all this fun?  She went with, and got to play all day at my sister-in-law's house with Buster!



So on to more exciting news, we have decided that the bathroom reno will start on Saturday...as in three days from now...

We're gonna start with painting and go from there...so excited! 

Bathroom list of tasks:
Paint
Replace light fixture
put up crown moulding
lay vinyl wood flooring
frame mirror
install new shower rod
change all fixtures (towel racks, toilet paper holder, etc)

Not in that exact order, but anywho, the hubs and I are planning to do this all in a day if possible, but if not, the weekend.  We got our paint for our door and for our laundry room today too.  I'll post pictures of everything as we go.  Wish us luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment