Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mirror, Mirror On The Wall...

So I found this post on pinterest that I LOVED about tiling a bathroom mirror.  It really caught my attention because it's hard to find something that really works with our bathroom countertops.  But to see the original post click here.  So I went to Lowe's and got the tile and the bonding glue stuff. 

I got these tile sheets (you'll need two of them) for $9 each at Lowe's.

You have to cut the tiles apart and trim them so that the white stuff on the back isn't sticking out.

Thankfully, I was watching my niece and nephew today and got some free labor out of the deal :)

Next, take your glue, I got this stuff at Lowe's for around $4 for a double pack, I used one full tube.



Apply to the mirror edges and to the tiles, according to the directions on the package.  This kind has to sit for 5-10 mins before you put them together. 


The website only said you have to tape the top row, well, since my mirror does not rest on the counter, I taped it all, if I hadn't the tiles would have shifted before they could dry completly.  I have to wait 24-48 hours before removing the tape.  More photos to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment