Sunday, July 15, 2012

Master Bath Part 3

This has been such a crazy week!  I have worked every other day, which doesn't sound that bad, but it really made me realize how much I'd rather work a few days in a row and then be off for a few days in a row!  Sadly, that has left my projects and blog a little neglected.  So, after I got off work on Saturday, we took a short field trip to Lowe's so that we could pick up the sealer, wood filler, and some vinyl planks to do our floors. 

After church this morning my mom came over and we started laying the floor.  It's really easy to do but one of the things I cannot stress enough is to make sure you sweep and mop your floors before putting the flooring down.  Next you figure out what direction you want to lay the planks and go to town.  The challenging areas are the toilet and the decorative door mouldings. 

{TIP} Turn the water off to your toilet, flush it, then unbolt it.  Lift straight up so that you do not mess up the beeswax seal.  Then you can lay the floor planks without any trouble and minimal cutting.

Here is the before photo when we first bought the house, what the bathroom looked like.


Here is what it looks like now, before the sealer was put on:


This is the type of sealer we used, it was pretty easy to do, just pour it on the floor and take a soft cloth to spread it around and coat the entire floor.



It looks milky but dries clear.



When we do our other bathroom I'll make a tutorial!!  Have an awesome week! I'll try to get a few more updates in this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment