Sunday, July 1, 2012

Making a house a home.

Finally, two years after purchasing our house, my husband and I are finally, FINALLY getting around to making it our own.  Not that we don't love our house the way it is, but it was a new construction, in a new subdivision, and everything is builders standard, cookie cutter blah.  Especially the paint colors and fixtures!  Well, two weeks ago, my husband finally agreed that we can start the process! Paint color swatches here I come!  After 20 minutes and a huge stack of color swatches, I proudly left our local Lowes.  It took about 10 minutes of showing my hubs pinterest color ideas and what the walls "could" look like, and we had chosen colors for our master bath, master bed, and front door.  After talking him into going to Lowe's with me, we now how a full on project list going one room at a time.  First on the list, the master bath. 

So what's the point of this whole blog?  Well, two things really,  one, a mission to redecorate a home on a budget.  Two, my goal of weight loss and living healthy.  I completed my first 5k last weekend (6/23/12) with my sister in law, husband, and his best friend. 
Me, My hubs Jamie, my sis-in-law, Jodie, and the hubs best friend, Jason, at our first 5k!  We all completed the race which was a huge accomplishment for each of us!

Jodie and I after the race.


Jamie and I after the race.

Anywho, I loved the race and had a blast and cannot wait to do my next race!  While it may have taken an embarrassingly long time, I finished it.  I hope to make a better time in my next race!  My goal for next year, finish Warrior Dash 2013!  I have a long way to go but I know if I work hard I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment