Wednesday, September 26, 2012

If I could turn back time...

If I could find a way...
But seriously.
 
There are things that I regularly think about that I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to make a different decision.  Maybe some of those decisions would have made my life a little bit different.
 
{Example 1}
When I went to college, I really should have just chosen nursing as my major and stuck with it.  I would have graduated 2 years earlier than I did.
 
{Example 2}
I would have bought a house WITH a formal dining room and an open concept kitchen. Ugh, I dread being stuck in the kitchen for the entire day this year on Thanksgiving.  *BUT* I have already made a rough draft of a schedule for the week leading up to it and for that day, it's done in 15 minute time slots.
 
That's not crazy, right?
 
{Example 3}
I like my car, don't get me wrong.
But I would hop in that time machine and tell my self to get an SUV.
Every time I get a car, I wish for an SUV.
Problem?
When I'm car shopping, I get smitten with things only little old ladies care about like MPG, trunk space, and airbags.
 
Yeah, I know I'm a little odd.
 
{Example 4}
Furniture.
Along with that formal dining room I wish I had, would be a larger dining table.
When we bought our furniture, it was when we bought the house.
Then we started hosting Thanksgiving, and so we have to bring in folding tables to seat everyone.
 
I'm not complaining because I like hosting it, but, I do wish everyone was sitting right there together in a formal dining room passing bowls of mashed potatoes around.
 
{Example 5}
Arkansas Razorbacks.
For realz.
I would go back in time and tell Bobby to stop being a man whore so he doesn't screw us over royally.
 
 
 
Okay, I'll probably have more to cry about later and I know I should be thankful for everything I have but sometimes you just want to hit reverse and go back and fix a few things.
Like the Razorbacks.
{Seriously}


No comments:

Post a Comment