Thursday, September 20, 2012

Glass Three-Quarter's of the Way Empty

My day has pretty much been bad all day long.
Seriously.
Usually I am a glass half full kind of person, but today, it is more like three-quarter's of the way empty. Ugh.
 
I got up this morning and got dressed, and honestly, I'm having a rockin' hair day.  That is about where the good day ends.  I headed out to the college to get my refund check and not only is there no refund, but they told me that I no longer have my financial aid.
 
W.T.F.
 
F.M.L.
 
Yeah, so after I flip out I head down to financial aid to find out what they are talking about and the advisor informs me that my hours from HSU and OTC put me over my "max hours" for the school.  Along with that little tid-bit she informs me that my G.P.A. from those schools is not counted for my financial aid so it is below the limit set for my loan.  And because my hours from the other schools are counting against me but my grades for those hours are not helping me, I feel like it is unfair that they are picking and choosing how to use my courses.
 
And to top it off, they tried to tell me that my courses will not transfer back to COTO next semester, that I would have to take both parts of my class there....have I mentioned that I hate NPCC?
 
I now have to file an appeal to get my aid applied to my account again. Ugh.
 
After I freaked out {a little} and called the hubs, I called COTO and found out all the information I needed to see about going back there for the spring semester. They informed me there would be no problem transferring my courses and taking the second part of the class there. *BAM* A little bit more fluid in the glass.
 
On the up side, I did take my photo today for my ID badge for my new job and it was *awesome*! Last time it was horrid, so that at least made it better.  Then I met the hubs for lunch and headed home.
 
Once I got home, I was surprised to see a package on my doorstep. 
What was it you ask?
 
A turkey table runner!
 
And the day just got a {little} bit better!
Thanks to my Nanny and Gene!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment