Monday, October 29, 2012

Crock-Pot Season

Now that the temps have dropped to a chilly 50's, it's time to break out the crock pot and get to slow cookin'.

Is there anything you cannot make it a crock pot? I super fluffy heart this traveling one, so it's on the birthday/christmas list! So much easier than having to drive super slow and hold the crock pot the entire time! 
 
As you already know, fall is my favorite season.
The temps drop, you start smelling bon-fires, crisp fall mornings, pumpkin spice everything, french vanilla coffee with pumpkin spice creamer (yes, it's amazing, you should try it!), and most importantly my BIRTHDAY!!
 
But back to the crock-pot thing.
 
Tonight I made vegetable beef soup, Wednesday will be cream cheese chicken soup, and Friday is BBQ pork tenderloin, shredded and made into a sandwich. Can you say yummy?
Yeah, I know 30 day challenge shake thing, blah blah.  It's freezing out. You drink a damn milkshake.
 I did, however, make it a week and lost 1 1/2 pounds.
That's healthy weightloss, right?
 
So, you can go here,  and check out a pretty awesome post all about crock pot recipes.
I think next week I may attempt Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup.
 
*Happy Monday*

3 comments:

  1. Vegetable beef soup and BBQ tenderloin sounds good but Cream Cheese anything is off of my diet :( Congrats on the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use reduced fat cream cheese, and other than that it is all veggies and three chicken breasts. We usually can eat on it for about 3 days and usually freeze enough for another dinner. We love quick meals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't eat soup without crackers and that is too many carbs so I just opt for a salad. Nothing is as easy as opening a bag and putting no fat dressing on top. Sometimes I cook a chicken breast or I open a can of tuna and put on top. I am down 70lbs since April, not a lot considering how much I need to lose, so I applaud you for your efforts. You guys are really trying :)

    ReplyDelete