Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Watermelon Fest/5K

So, this past Saturday was the Watermelon festival in Hope.  I forgot my camera :( so the {few} photos I have were taken on our phones. 

I conned my sister-in-law, Jodie, and her best friend Rachael to do the 5k with me, which was a lot of fun!  I really enjoyed it, but the course was a gradual upward slope the entire way, which was not bad except that my thighs felt it the next day!  

This was after the race:

We were champs! Okay, not in the "we won the race" way, but we finished, and I shaved 7 mins off my time! Not too shabby for my second race!

If you're not familiar with the watermelon fest, it's really a bunch of craft vendors and watermelon during the day, with concerts and other fun stuff at night. 

I know it is called a "Smoke Pot" but I just think people should think before they post signs! Ha!

The hubs as a melon!





We came back that night since there is a tiny brat that needed us:


Excuse the shoes and my foot in the photo but this is the kind of stuff that Lola does when left alone.  Good side is she only does this to her toys not to any of our stuff.  We had baby gated her and Buster in the kitchen so we didn't really have a mess to come home to thankfully!

Overall we had a good time and I got some shelves that I really wanted too!  Thankfully my father in law has a house full of things he didn't realize he had and it saved us the money and trip to Lowe's to get the corner shelves I wanted.  Photos to come later.  Also, as promised, a final photo of our laundry room:



Oh and just for fun, here's a photo of the hubs lookin' all fine before going to dinner with some friends.

Yep, he's handsome, and all mine :)

On to less fun stuff, school starts back tomorrow and I really really really don't want to go back!  Ugh! This summer has gone by way to fast!  So, after spending all day today at the college, I have all my books, and my schedule changed, and ready to go. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment