Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sharefest 2012

I love sleeping.
Those who know me, know that.
Saturday, however, was a different story.
 
J and I have started going to a new church, The Grove. Last Sunday, they had a post in the bulletin that Share Fest was on Saturday, November 3rd.  We would be working at the Garland County housing authority. I decided to get more information and trade my Saturday morning of sleeping in to go help out and give back to the community. You can learn more about Sharefest here. 
 
Our jobs that day were to prune, trim, re-mulch, and clean up the offices at the housing authority.
 
This is how the front looked before:
 

Then we started cleaning up, pruning bushes, and spreading new mulch.
 


Yep, I kidnapped my niece and she helped too! It is so sweet to see how much she loves to help others.  She worked really hard and did a great job!
 
We also provided lunch for the people who live in the government housing, offered to pray with them, and invited them to church.
 
It was worth giving up sleep to get up bright and early on a Saturday and donate our time to those who are less fortunate.  I am so thankful for all that God has blessed me with.
 
*Happy Sunday*
 
Check back tomorrow night for another awesome post!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment