Friday, January 11, 2013

4.5 down/ I fell off the face of the earth

So we decided to do a "biggest loser" thing at work.  I signed up thinking, yeah, sure, why not?  I downloaded the "my fitness pal" app and put in all my info.  I'm counting calories, drinking water, all that jazz.  In the first week I lost 4.5 pounds. Yay! Go me!

Here's why I struggle so much, but put a little differently. 

A friend of mine has a problem with fake-authority.  She does things like "oh, my car says I need an oil change? I'mma change the oil when I want to!" and "oh, I can't have chocolate? Watch me eat chocolate covered everything!"  I'm that way about dieting. If I realize I can't have it, I think I need it.  Like buffalo wings, yes, buffalo wings.  I can go 3 months without them, but the minute I start dieting, I can't stop thinking about them!  I haven't had a real coke in a week. I'm drinking about 2 liters of water a day, and probably peeing twice that amount. All I want to do is go to applebee's with some friends and chow on some buffalo wings, with blue cheese dressing, no celery.  Why no celery? Who wants veggies when you can chow on deep-fried, over sauce, awful for you, wings.  I also have talked myself out of Reese's peanut butter cups like 5 times. I've got mad will power skills.

As one of my dear friends pointed out, I have not been blogging lately. My  bad. 

I have had a crazy few weeks. We had an awful storm and lost power for five days. Yes, five. Everything in my house is electric! It was Fa-Ree-Zing!  Lola went to work with J because it was like 38 degrees in the house, there were about 192k people without power in central Arkansas!  I would charge my phone and laptop at work during the day and we would watch DVDs of Dawson's Creek until it died every night.  Other than that fiasco, I have been sick every other day, and have been catching up on sleep. 

Well, I'm off to bed. I've got to clean house in the am.  Check back on Tuesday for a brand-spankin' new, awesomely insightful, post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment